New this year!
1/2 Day Risk Assessment added to SustainTech
SEIMA is excited to announce that SustainTech will be extended to include a 1/2 day Risk Assessment panel session.
- Steven D. Siciliano, NSERC/COOP Industrial Research Chair in Risk Assessment and Remediation, Department of Soil Sciences, University of Saskatchewan
- Rachel Peters, Ph.D., QPTIER 3, Environmental Risk Assessor, Federated Co-operatives Limited
- Karl Bresee, B.Sc., PBD, P.Biol., QPTIER 3, Senior Scientist, Intrinsik Corp.
- Louise Burden, M.Sc., P.Geol., Principal Hydrogeologist/Risk Assessor, Ashwell Consulting Inc.
Here, we will interactively discuss options for site specific risk assessments for complex environments and approaches to maximize data analysis using simple tools. Using research and site data, we shall present case studies relating to:
- ecorisk adjustments for hydrocarbons in soil and water, based on organic matter adjustment;
- site specific ecorisk assessments for metal mixtures, with a focus on the robustness of current theory that underpins existing guidance;
- human health risk assessment approaches for a complex pesticide mixing site with long-term historical impacts; and
- budget friendly risk assessment: manipulating published guidelines and making the most of site data to perform a site specific risk assessment at an upstream site.
The focus of this session is to interact with participants to discuss existing and novel approaches, and limitations inherent in the risk assessment process in the Western Canadian environment. Questions can be submitted throughout the workshop for a final Q&A session.
This event will start at 1:00 pm and conclude at 5:00 pm
Cost of this event is $100.00 if you are also registered for SustainTech or $150.00 on its own.
If you are already registered for SustainTech and wish to attend the Risk Assessment Workshop, please contact the office.