"Building Understanding, Improving Outcomes"
A Professional Development Workshop
Presented by the Ministry of Government Relations, Aboriginal Lands and Consultation Branch
Date: November 24, 2017
Registration - 8:30 am - 9 am
Workshop - 9 am - 4:30 pm
Location: The Hall at Le Relais, 103 - 308 4th Avenue, Saskatoon
Planning by its nature is intended to be inclusive. Actively engaging First Nations and Metis communities in the development of local and regional plans will improve the depth of a plan, help to identify local and regional interests of First Nations and Metis, create an understanding of potential land use conflicts, and facilitate timely approval. This one day interactive event, will provide you with an understanding of:
- Treaty and Aboriginal rights
- Specific circumstances that trigger the duty to consult
- Saskatchewan's Duty to Consult Policy
- Who is responsible to fulfill the duty
- The importance of early engagement
- How engagement can effectively inform government's approval process
Cost to attend event is $75.00 for members and $50.00 for students. Event includes lunch.
This event is eligible for CPL credits.